S&P Dow Jones Indices
55 Water Street
New York, NY, 10041
As the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, we provide iconic and innovative index solutions backed by unparalleled expertise across the asset-class spectrum. By bringing transparency to the global capital markets, we empower investors everywhere to make decisions with conviction.
August 31, 2022
As the largest segment of the IG credit market, the BBB rated segment of the USD IG corporate bond market is becoming increasingly important to IG debt investors looking for incremental yield and risk exposure. Learn how the recently launched iBoxx USD Liquid Investment Grade BBB 0+ Index tracks this market, which:
- has outperformed the broader IG market on a risk-adjusted return basis
- may offer a pickup in yield
- may help refine exposure and grant greater flexibility in positioning
June 13, 2022
Multi-asset strategies have caught the eye of market participants seeking pre-packaged solutions to diversification. Whereas many of these strategies are becoming increasingly complex—with black-box allocation algorithms, multiple signals, and 10 or more components—the S&P Target Risk Indices offer a more transparent approach.
Read on to explore:
- Allocating between equity and fixed income according to risk appetite
- The performance of conservative indices in past bear markets
- The performance of aggressive indices over the long term
May 13, 2022
The launch of the S&P 500 ESG Index in April 2019 signaled an evolution in sustainable investing. The S&P 500 ESG Index was built to underlie strategic, long-term mainstream investment products. Intentionally broad, the index seeks to maintain similar overall industry group weights as the benchmark, while providing an improved sustainability profile.
This paper outlines the following index characteristics:
- The easy-to-understand methodology behind the index
- How "financial materiality" drives index construction
- The historically similar risk-adjusted performance profile to the S&P 500
- The improved ESG characteristics of the S&P 500 ESG Index over the S&P 500
April 11, 2022
Factors that outperform over time are also prone to extended periods of underperformance, which are difficult to time. For investors seeking exposure to factors but hoping to access greater diversification and reduced cyclicality, multi-factor strategies may be more suitable than single factors. Meet the S&P QVM Top 90% Indices, covering the U.S. large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap universes, and combining quality, value, and momentum in a single strategy.
For more information on submitting your thought leader White Paper contact: [email protected] or (781) 376-0050