A Q&A on Crisis-Era Withdrawal and Social Security Strategies
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
2:00 PM EDT | 11:00 AM PDT
Summary Already Registered? Click here »Dr. William Reichenstein and William Meyer will answer advisors’ questions about how the coronavirus crisis has impacted retirement planning, specifically focusing on tax-efficient withdrawal strategies and Social Security claiming strategies. The points they will cover include the following:
- How at a high level has COVID-19 impacted retirement planning?
- How can advisors add value with retirement planning in the crisis-era?
- Why are tax-efficient withdrawal strategies a good way for advisors to show their “advisor alpha” or how they can add portfolio longevity?
- How will COVID-19 impact market returns and tax-efficient withdrawal strategies?
- How will COVID-19 impact future taxes and tax-efficient withdrawal strategies?
- Case examples illustrating the impact and value withdrawal strategies make for a client.
- How has this environment impacted Social Security planning? Should clients behave differently?
- What strategies do you recommend for “fixing” clients who claim early because of the coronavirus?
- How can advisors best help clients near retirement or in retirement?
Principal of Research
Dr. William Reichenstein is Principal of Research for IncomeSolver.com and Professor Emeritus Investments at Baylor University. He has taught and researched in finance since 1978, with his recent work concentrating on the interaction between investments and taxes. Bill has written more than 130 articles for professional and academic journals. He is a frequent contributor to Journal of Financial Planning, Journal of Investing, Financial Analysts Journal, Journal of Portfolio Management, and Journal of Wealth Management, and is frequently quoted in the Wall Street Journal and elsewhere. Bill earned a BA in math from St. Edward’s University and his MA and Ph.D. in economics from the University of Notre Dame. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Founder and CEO
William (Bill) Meyer, Founder and CEO of Retiree Income, is a nationally recognized expert in tax-efficient retirement income withdrawal strategies and Social Security claiming strategies. He developed Income Solver and SSanalyzer, the leading retirement income management and withdrawal software for advisors. Meyer is a popular speaker and has been featured at numerous national events such as Financial Planning Association, Association of Independent Certified Public Accountants, and the Million Dollar Roundtable. Additionally, he was invited to provide testimony on retirement matters to the U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging. Meyer earned his Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology from UCLA and his MBA degree from the Anderson School at UCLA. He is a former Trustee of the Securities Industry Institute at Wharton.
CEO and Founder
Robert Huebscher is the founder and CEO of Advisor Perspectives and serves as its editor-in-chief. He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and has written extensively on topics including investment management, portfolio construction, financial planning and global economics.