Finding the Right Ecosystem in the Broker-Dealer Jungle
Thursday, August 8, 2019
2:00 PM EDT | 11:00 AM PDT
Summary Already Registered? Click here »
Choosing the wrong broker-dealer is a nightmare beyond reckoning.
A broker-dealer isn’t just somewhere to hang your licenses or clear your trades. And the best deal isn’t necessarily the one that is the most financially lucrative on paper on day one. It’s about finding an ecosystem that allows you to grow your practice to its full potential.
This webinar will be full of concrete examples of broker-dealer transitions that did and did not work out. From these real-life examples, advisors will learn how to judge a broker-dealer firm based upon the following:
- Compliance – Too lax imposes the risk of being subject to litigation or suffering the risk of being associated with a firm who has a bad reputation. But on the other side, too strict and growth can become compromised. How do you find the point of “middle ground” that works for you?
- Marketing –They all say they want to support your growth, but do they include the client acquisition blueprint to actually help you grow?
- Leadership – You’ve got to know that the long term vision for the company lines up with your own. As the spiel goes, at the end of the day it all comes down to people. What do you look for in the people who are running the company? What should be a red flag to you?
- Technology - Does the company have relationships with the right vendors? Do they have enough leverage with these vendors to offer a substantial benefit to you as the advisor? Or is it a “nothing special” case in which they are just checking the box.
- Size. There is a difference between big and small broker-dealer firms.
Kestra Financial leads the industry in wealth management, service and technology solutions, and practice enrichment. Our independent RIA and broker/dealer services have over 20 years of industry experience and are taking flight to elevate the level of personalized service you need. To learn more about how Kestra Financial can support your business check the box in the registration form to the left.
Sara Grillo, CFA
Sara Grillo, CFA, is a top financial writer with a focus on marketing and branding for investment management, financial planning, and RIA firms. Prior to launching her own firm, she was a financial advisor and worked at Lehman Brothers. Sara graduated from Harvard with a degree in English literature and has an MBA from NYU Stern in Quantitative Finance.
CEO and Founder
Robert Huebscher is the founder and CEO of Advisor Perspectives and serves as its editor-in-chief. He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and has written extensively on topics including investment management, portfolio construction, financial planning and global economics.